I’m feeling super sappy today as I round into my 26th trip around the sun. I used to always joke and say I didn’t think I’d make it past 22, but here we are…and it just keeps going. I’m determined that life is just one constant adventure. I’m constantly learning new things and changing my perspective on life. One day I want to live in a van off the grid, the next I want to start my own business. I feel as if I am always contemplating all the ideas and information being thrown at me and chaning my ways of perceiving things . I think that’s called growing and adapting. Anywho, I thought what better way for me to celebrate myself and my life than a super reflective post of the things I’ve learned in my twenties. Super sappy and basic somedays, what can I say.
1. Dream big, no matter what or who tells you otherwise.
2. We all have toxic traits, every single human. None of us get to be perfect.
3.Long distance relationships never work.
4. A degree doesn’t secure anything, but maybe some debt.
5. But it still feels good to get a gown and a tassel.
6. Self-love and self-validation are two of the most important things.
7.Friends are everything. Celebrate them. Let them Celebrate you.
8. Stop comparing, stop worrying. We really are all on a different journey.
9. Never take yourself too seriously.
10. Learn to enjoy life alone. Move across the country to a town you know no one, travel the world solo, take yourself out to dinner.
11. Everyone you meet is a reflection of you to some degree.
12. Life is so much more than just paying bills and dying. A career and a degree aren’t everything.
13. Always do what is best for your mental health. Always.
14. Finding “your authentic soul self” is more than roaming around the world and taking acid.
15. No matter how hard you try, you can’t run away from yourself or your “demons”.
16. Life isn’t fair, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be.
17. Trust yourself. Trust your gut. Trust your intuition. always.
18. Earth isn’t the happiest place, but finding beauty in the small things and holding compassion helps.
19. Life is full of heartbreaks. Pain is inevitable.
20. Love every chance you get.
21. Material objects and the mainstream aren’t really that cool.
22. Capitalism really sucks.
23. There’s always a way out of every situation. You may not enjoy the alternative, but always a way out.
24. Animals are better than humans.
25. Energy is real, and everything and everyone has energy.
26. The only thing I know for sure, is that I don’t know anything.
Thanks for reading.
Drop your best life lessons in the comments. Maybe we can all learn something